It’s not as if I need to be reminded of why I am doing this walk because Breast Cancer is everywhere. I hear about it in some way every day. I am proud to be walking the 60 miles and excited to do it. However, last night I came home to an email from a friend letting me know that she was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Really?! Someone else I know was diagnosed?! What in the heck is going on!? I had so many questions for her but I know she does to and right now it’s too soon for answers. A few minutes before I got her email I had started watching ‘Supernanny’ which was episode about a father of 3 little boys who lost his wife & their mother to breast cancer and his family was falling apart without her… bring on the tears. I can’t imagine what that woman went through knowing she was dying and having to leave her young children and I was so upset that I couldn’t stop crying. Just when I had pulled myself together, I got the email from my friend and though I know she is a very strong person, it still made me very upset thinking about her having to hear the words “Breast Cancer” come out of the doctors mouth. I am sending up prayers for her and asking you to do the same.So this is why I’m walking. For my friends. For the ones I love. The more research they do, the more chances of finding a cure.