This past week has been filled with tears. Everything about this walk from packing to just thinking about it, brings tears to my eyes. I have cried so much and I just can’t stop. I wonder how much I will cry when I am out there experiencing all this. I have been told that this will change my life and that this will change me as a person because it’s an experience like no other. I am looking forward to being a part of it and knowing the money raised for this is going to such a wonderful cause.
Today the Dallas walk began. When I was first considering participating in this walk, my cousin, Stacy, introduced me to her friend Robin. She is a breast cancer survivor. Today she is walking her 6th 3 day Walk for the Cure!! She was diagnosed with breast cancer on the same day she found out she was pregnant with her 2nd child and doctors told her that her best chance of recovery was to terminate the pregnancy . She did chemotherapy while pregnant and this year she walked her son into his first day of kindergarten despite the odds being stacked against them. Thank God for that and for the all the research & progress that has been done over the years that made all of this possible.
(If you would like to read Robin’s AMAZING story, please click here):